Monday, June 13, 2011

Pre-Travel Thoughts

Tomorrow marks my send off to Argentina. I couldn't be more excited about traveling to Buenos Aires. Although I still have quite a bit more packing to take care of; I feel SUPER prepared. It is odd not knowing anyone going on the trip with me but I think that it also adds to the excitement!

5 things I'm excited about

1. La Boca and the Boca Juniors soccer fields where Diego Maradona played

2. Trying Argentine beef and Malbec wine (odd combo but those are their specialties)

3. The wine country in Mendoza, Argentina

4. Meeting Argentinians! (Hopefully interviewing a few)

5. Learning about the health, nutrition and fitness habits of the Argentinians

5 things I hope to learn

1. Become more travel savvy - especially in that region of the world

2. Some more espanol. It will be very interesting to see how far my Spanish 111 skills take me in Buenos Aires... Ha ha I think I can make an educated guess on that one.

3. As cliche as this sounds, I really do want to learn how media works in a different part of the world. Hopefully I can gain some knowledge about the magazine industry.

4. Customs in Argentina. I want to be more familiar with their way of life. Pretty simple!

5. How to become an expert wine taster. Ha ha well besides that I want to learn a lot about their nutrition. Looks like I'm going to have to be a little more adventurous with my food choices.

Well here's to an amazing trip. Let's hope I can make these list items happen while abroad.

Adios mis amigos!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool site. How long did it take to mke the site? this is so coool. can't wait to blog some more later!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, did anybody see the lunar eclipse on June 15, 2011. I did not see it because it is only in the southern himesphere(lower part of the planet) so I thought you might have seen it since you were in Argentina which once again is part of the southern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete